Friday, October 23, 2009

Rabbit Hole

Tonight, on a whim, I went to the SU Blackbox Players' production of Rabbit Hole. The combination of teaching the play and writing this blog have ruined me. At first I could not help but thinking about what I would do differently, or as I like to call it, "what they got wrong." Then those thoughts gave way to "this would be a GREAT musical comedy!" What could be better than a musical about a family being torn apart as they grieve the accidental death of their son? This was going to be blogging gold, my friends. G-O-L-D.

I was just drafting lyrics to "I'm a Keep the Fucking Bathmat" when I realized a parallel that ruined my plan:

Rabbit Hole = a play about a family being torn apart as they grieve the accidental death of their young son.

Next to Normal = a musical about a family being torn apart as they grieve the accidental death of their young son.

DAMN. Once again we have been beaten to the punch.
I bet ours would have been funnier too. I had rhymed "bathmat" with "Baby Phat."

1 comment: