Sunday, November 15, 2009

Better Taglines

Because a local theatre is doing the show and I only know that one song, "Astonishing," I thought I'd get the Little Women soundtrack out of the library. The tag line on the front of the CD jacket makes me a little ashamed for the producers. "Sutton Foster in Little Women the Musical," it reads, "also staring Maurine McGovern as Marmee." Here's the part that really gets me though. At the bottom of the cover, under the logo (which is weird enough) is this cute saying "Six generations have read this story. This one will sing it."

I like to think about everything that way. so what if you're read it? I made it into a musical!

So tonight, instead of writing my own original new horrible musical, I'm thinking of better tag lines for Little Women the musical.

  1. Just be thankful we didn't adapt Little Men.
  2. Winona Rider: singing, dancing, and stealing (our hearts)!
  3. We don't get why Maureen McGovern is doing this either, but let's give her another song
  4. Poverty's never been so fun to sing about so long as you ignore Les Miserables
  5. A reminder that corporal punishment is something to sing about
  6. Uhhh....why not?
  7. Too many sisters to makes sense of in two hours
  8. Find out if Jo or Laurie wears the pants (literally and metaphorically)
  9. See Alcott's life as she always wished it would be: sung, danced, and married.
  10. Seriously.
I'm just afraid if I go see the production I'm going to laugh at inappropriate times.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Devo's "Whip It" is a pretty catchy song about corporal punishment.

    ReplyDelete