Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cyc:The One-Eyed Monster Of A Musical

I've always wanted to write a Cyclops musical. I don't think it will be too hard since there are already a bunch of musicals with songs about eyes.

  • Sarah Brown Eye (Ragtime)
  • Lily's Eye (The Secret Garden)
  • Can't Take My Eye Off Of You (Jersey Boys)
  • In His Eye (Jekyll and Hyde)
  • Eyesight To The Blind (Tommy)
  • Eye Look You're Last (Hair)

If I need to I can even go into the realm of non musical songs about eyes:

  • Hungry Eye (This one might be particularly good for a monster musical)
  • Eye of the Tiger
  • Blue Eye
  • Angel Eye
  • His Eye Is On The Sparrow

So far I can't figure out much about the plot. Love story between cyclopses is clear. Love triangle is most likely necessary as we have a Lilly and a Sarah. They could be lesbians, but after we produce The Hours! as a musical, I don't think it is wise to get too niche an audience. I also really like the idea of a romantic cyclops named Stan. He can love Sarah but be married to Lilly. He will also enjoy catching birds, or at least watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment